Like many single men and women, you may have signed up for an online dating site “just to see what it was about” and found out that online dating and dating apps were designed with your needs in mind. And like so many others, you might have also found that dating apps are time savers when it comes to meeting new people in your area. So you create a profile and start swiping right, winking at or doing whatever the app suggests to find a match but you don’t seem to be having much success. Is it you? Is it the dating app? Chances are, its neither and you might just have to make some tweaks to your dating profile to see the success you have been looking for.
Here at Clubluk, our goal is for all of our members to be successful and have a good time using our app. To ensure that, we have created this useful guide which offers some useful online dating tips that will make you more successful and get you more dates. Keep reading and let our experts show you how it’s done:
- Post a recent photo of yourself that’s flattering and looks like you. Don’t post an old photo of yourself just because it is the best one you have. If you don’t have a recent photo that you like, take one.
- Be unique and specific in your profile. Yes, you will get to know more about each other when you meet, but adding more information in your profile will give you something to talk about.
- Avoid negativity in your profile. If you sound too negative in your profile, others will see it and assume that is the type of person you are. You will receive less winks with negativity.
- If you are interested in someone, meet in person quickly. Don’t hesitate if you find someone you like. If you wait for just the right one to come along, you may miss out on someone fun.
- Protect your privacy. Protecting your privacy when using online dating apps is important. You don’t know the other person and you don’t want to give out more personal information than you are comfortable with.
- Plan a first date that can be short, sweet, and low-key. This is what makes Clubluk so effective. Meeting at a club that offers something you both have in common is the ideal setting for a first date.
- Keep your options open. Why limit yourself to just one person? Dating is supposed to be fun and exciting. If you limit yourself, you could be missing out on someone you really want to meet.
- Don’t take the rejection personally. You will get rejected at some point so don’t let it bother you. Keep searching and find someone that does want to meet up. Chances are the one that rejected you, wasn’t a good match anyway.